St Wilfrid’s Church
St Wilfrid’s Church, Thornton
The greenstone church is dedicated to St Wilfrid and is a Grade II listed building dating from the 15th century and was restored in 1890 by Ewan Christian. The organ is one of the oldest in Britain, it was originally situated in the choristers’ practice room of Magdalen College, Oxford in 1740.
The village of Thornton is mentioned in the 1806 Domesday Book with 19 households and Robert the Bursar as Lord of the Manor.
Churchwarden details can be found in the ‘Who’ section.
For information on Safeguarding click here.