Thimbleby

St Margaret’s Church

St Margaret’s Church, Thimbleby

 

Primarily built of greenstone and is in the English Decorated style, St Margaret’s has had a couple of rebuilds since Norman Times, firstly in 1744 and then again in 1879.  Recently restored are the spire and clock, memorial stained glass windows and stone reredos. 

The mud and stud thatch cottages in the village were the blueprint for the very first houses built in Jamestown, America in 1607 and most probably built by the same carpenter.

Churchwarden details can be found in the ‘Who’ section

For information of Safeguarding click here

This website has received a bursary through the Lincolnshire Wolds and Coast Churches Festival project, which was managed by NCT Heritage Services Ltd and funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund through the generous donations of National Lottery players.